Our organic family farm offers a wide array of organic produce and meats to our region, Bedford County. We practice sustainable living in harmony with our selves and our environment. Our newsletter, "The Local Yokel" contains much of the information we learn and experience along the way...

Monday, December 13, 2010

A Note From Me...

Ok, ok I admit, this takes effort to consciously expose my daily or weekly activities. I would like to think of myself as a private person, but I think that’s because I like intimacy - I don't like expressing myself to the world, but rather just one person at a time! So this is a learning curve for me to actively update this blog with everyone reading it in mind. I am very involved in working, cooking, reading and thinking ... and that is too much to record on a blog!  I write this blog, so that I can update everyone about the farm, and introduce (in small doses) the things I learn along the way, and to present the best part of living that makes life harmonious for me. For the most part that includes hard work, good food, warm friends, simple life discoveries, and the joy of sharing - this, to me, is the essence of living and adds the quality that seems to make my life more rich.  I live everyday for myself, and documentation doesn’t naturally fit into that agenda. As for now, I am trying to consciously remember to "document" my journey of little discoveries, creations and thoughtful expressions along the way that may give you inspiration!
Enjoy-
Mandisa

No comments:

Post a Comment